The OLS children’s team have developed some exciting new delivery methods to allow children and families to take part in learning about healthier lifestyles during this period of social distancing. Our new offer includes support for everyone in the community! All our delivery will be via Zoom and offers tailored support for families.
New exciting webinars for families to join in together and learn about some key healthy lifestyle topics. These 30 minute standalone webinars will be accessible via the OneLife Suffolk website and are free to take part in. The webinars will cover 5 topics on a rolling cycle:
- Physical activity
- Sugary drinks
- Food labels
- Eatwell plate and portion size
- Wellbeing and sleep
To take part in these webinars, just direct families to the OneLife Suffolk website and there will be a link to join the webinar. The webinars will be presented by one of our highly trained practitioners using a slide deck to cover the topic.
The sessions will take place 3 times a week at the following times. Sessions start on 22nd April, every week on:
- Monday – 14:00-14:30
- Wednesday – 10:00-10:30
- Friday – 11:00-11:30
Groups will start week commencing 27th April and run for 10 weeks, ending in the week commencing 29th June. Our delivery team will be using Zoom adapted content for these sessions; our highly trained practitioners will be using all the functionality of Zoom to make these sessions fun, interactive and engaging, with the use of psychologically informed principles to support families to make sustainable long term changes to their lifestyle.
Families taking part in the tier 2 service need to be overweight (on or above the 91st centile). Referrals received with a height and weight will be directly put into the tier 2 service. If families are signposted or self-refer into the programme we will triage these families and determine which service is most appropriate for them.
- Monday – 5-8 year olds from 15:00-16:00 starting 27th April (with Terri and Phoebe)
- Tuesday – 9-12 year olds from 16:30-17:30 starting 28th April (with Mike and Abi)
- Wednesday – 13+ from 17:00-18:00 starting 29th April (with Louis and Jade)
- Thursday – 5-8 year olds from 15:00-16:00 starting 30th April (with Terri and Phoebe)
- Friday – 9-12 year olds from 16:30-17:30 starting 1st May (with Mike and Abi)
- Saturday – 13+ from 17:00-18:00 starting 2nd May (with Louis and Jade)
How to Take Part
- Families can call – 01473 718193 to be booked onto a programme.
- Families can go to the One Life Suffolk website and complete a referral form.